Friday, November 16, 2007

Holiday Cookies



Every year I bake cookies to give out as presents. I start my baking after Thanksgiving and freeze them. A few days before Xmas, I let them thaw out and put them in tins or plastic gift bags.

Since I have little time, I sort of cheat with the basic recipe:

A box of yellow cake mix
2 eggs
and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
a dash of vanilla extract

you choice of additives:

almond extract
chocolate chips
butterscotch chips
nuts


Drop them by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 F until slightly golden. ( I bake mine for 11 minutes because I like them soft not crunchy)

For butter flavor, I used the butter cake mix.

And last year, I made chocolate cookies from chocolate cake mix and lemon cookies from lemon cake mix.

I put sprinkles on them so they look festive.

And they are delicious.

No comments: