Friday, October 5, 2007

A Boiled Egg Don't



During my college years, I hated to cook. It was easier to order a pizza or dine out, mainly on Chinese food. But one day I wanted to make a tuna salad sandwich. I always make mine with tuna, mayo, a dab of ranch dressing, pickle relish, minced garlic and chipped up hard boiled eggs.

I remember forgetting to check the time on the eggs when they first started to boil. I estimated how long it had been and took them off the burner. Waited for them to cool and unshelled one of them and sliced it to find that the yellow wasn't as done as I liked. I put it aside and thought to myself, 'I don't want to boil the other one any more." I was very hungry and wanted it NOW. So I unshelled the last one and placed it in the mircowave. I programmed the cook cycle for 15 seconds...and after 5, the damn egg exploded.

Talk about a mess... took me an hour to clean it.

So remember this...don't try to microwave a soft boiled egg.

~ ~ ~ ~
For tips on boiling eggs visit wikipedia

No comments: