Monday, October 8, 2007

My Cheating Heart....Brownies



I sometimes cheat when I make brownies. Since I am usually so busy making other tastier foods, I use a brownie mix, mainly the double chocolate blends. But I like to 'doctor' it up. This weekend, I made raspberry chocolate brownies by adding raspberry/chocolate swirls to the mix.

It turned out so yummy that Al ate half the brownies.

The only problem I had was that the brownies seemed to stick to the pan more than usual. I think the chips had a lot to do with it. So if you decide to use chips, make sure you remove the brownies from their pan while they are still warm.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Back at the bakery, I used a heavy spray or shortening to keep the brownies from sticking... one way I doctored them up was drizzling caramel on top, OR, spreading some sweet cream cheese icing on top.

Painter Lady said...

I use a spray to coat the bottom of my pans. But I think with the extra chocolate added I should have used a heavy hand.

It's fun to make up new flavors of brownies.

:)